Thursday, August 16, 2012

Join nextdoor and help create a bigger neighborhood

This website I stumbled upon quite accidentally looking for some Neighborhood and America's Night Out.  Turns out the city is participating and encouraging folks to join at MAP meetings.

The goal of next door is to open up communications among larger neighborhoods than just our street.  The neighborhood for us  roughly encompasses the area from Foothill on the South, Canyon to its end way up by Canyon Park and Grand on the east up until the Hillcrest curve.   They are looking to increase communication by meeting neighbors and sharing advice, goods and crime prevention.

I joined and the process is quite easy.  I opted for the post card version of verification of address rather than my phone...silly me I guess.  Once I had my address verified I was in and found that there were a few others already in our designated "neighborhood" and we've begun to chat a bit.

Please consider joining Nextdoor.  Their home page is HERE and joining is so easy once you are in.

fraz

No comments: