Thursday, February 19, 2015

Home Burglary on the Rise? Do we need a Neighborhood Watch Meeting?

This is from the Nextdoor website.  One of our neighbors a street over posted it.

"
 
Scott BednarGrand Ave
So I had the cops at my house today cause my boys where on the roof getting the dogs ball down that they had kicked on the roof guess they thought my boys where robbing the place anyway. The very cool cop informed me that they are and j quote getting hammered in are area with home robberys average 4 to 5 per day. Said they come in mace the dog if you have one kick the sh$& out of the dog and take everything. I don't reall mind to much if they take everything but if my dog gets hurt!!!! That's a whole different thing. So I guess what I'm saying is lock your doors. Oh yeah I have video cameras so if you think you see something or someone one on or around my street let me know I may have them on video.
Peace Monrovia !!!!!!
S"

This is interesting and its been a good year since we last had any homes burglarized on the street.  With so many new faces maybe we need to have another Neighborhood Watch Meeting to meet everyone and learn more on what we can do to prevent burglaries of our homes?  If interested sound of in the comments or stop by and let me know and I'll contact MPD to get it set up.


No comments: