Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Weds 1/14/09 oddity

Here's how it went.  Around 10:45 there was a Dark Gray Jeep parked at the end of my driveway.  I spotted it when I went out to get Kari over at MHS.  I returned a few minutes later and it was still there.  It was an older Cherokee type.  It was full of personal stuff like blankets, clothes and some food wrappers.

The occupant was a sitting/reclining in the driver seat.  Small guy, though heavy for his size.  Hispanic maybe late 30's.  I went up and asked him if he was waiting for anyone.  He sat up and pointed towards Rob and Julie's house.  He said he worked construction and was waiting for someone and pointed to a Champion Van parked by their house.  

I went into the house from the rear with the intent to call Rob/Julie and then MPD.  In the minute it took me to walk around he was gone.

I did talk with Julie and she verified they weren't having contruction done.

I did talk with Watch Commander Cpt Lee at  MPD.  He will pass the information on to the next watch commander.  He reminded me that I should have just called MPD right away instead of trying to talk with Rob and Julie first.  My fault.  I should have called even without a plate as the could have been watching for him right then.  He's gone and no harm done this time.

Lesson learned.  Call MPD immediately.

No comments: